Sunday, August 18, 2013

Unboxing #9 - Miryo's MIRYO aka JOHONEY

Ahem.  I've literally had this post as a draft since late May...meow.

Anywho, Miryo, of Brown Eyed Girls fame, released her first solo mini-album, titled MIRYO aka JOHONEY on February 1st, 2012.

A rundown of the tracklist:

1. Party Rock ft. 개리 (Gary) of 리쌍 (LeeSsang) and THE KOXX
2. DIRTY --> Official music video linked!
3. 사랑해 사랑해, (I Love You, I Love You) ft. 써니 (Sunny) of 소녀시대 (Girl's Generation) --> Official music video linked!
4. Revenger ft. 루드페이퍼 (Rude Paper)
5. Leggo ft. Narsha of Brown Eyed Girls

And now for the goodies:

Poofy packages are so cute aren't they.

Now whose hint of a visage is that I see...

Miryo! ♥

View of the spine.

Top view of the album.  Notice how thick the photo booklet is.

A hint of the photo booklet and the design of the CD.  Photo booklet is glued to the cover.

Direct look at the front cover of the photo booklet.  Buy your own copy to see all the pictures for yourself!

Back cover with tracklisting.

I like how sturdy the album is.  The case is hard material that will bend if you purposely apply enough force, but the corners should stay sharp and pointy no matter how you store your CDs.  However, beware, because while sturdy, the casing has a matte finish, meaning that scratches (and the like) will show quite readily.

Also, more personal preference than anything else, I am not a fan of gluing photo booklets to CD casings.  I'm just not.  There are a myriad of reasons why.  Sometimes (read: most of the time) the glue isn't strong enough so the booklet peels from the casing even though it may be brand, spanking new.  You can't take the booklet out to fully enjoy it.  You can't protect the spine of your casing from wear and tear; you have to open the casing all the way to even get at the booklet in the first place.  Granted some CDs, (like this one) are made so you can open it all the way up without damaging the spine, but yeah.  Still.  Phooey.

As for the music itself, I can honestly say that I was definitely not expecting Miryo to come at her music in the pop rock / electronic sort of way.  Perhaps I shouldn't have been so surprised at the latter.  Everyone and their mother has been jumping on the electronic train because of...well, I don't really need to say it right?  The majority of the type of music played on mainstream radio has this type of sound.  Anywho, I was gearing myself for hard-hitting, spitfire raps, and hopefully we will get to see that one day as one of her future endeavors.  What she gave us for her solo debut was certainly not what everyone expected of her, but it was well done.

One of my favorite tracks on this mini-album is "Leggo".  It bears some similarity stylistically to "Love is...", Miryo's duet track with fellow Brown Eyed Girls member, JeA, but it is still magic every time I hear it.  Hell, both songs are beautiful. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment